Monday, November 2, 2009

Vegetable Shop

I like this Japanese-styled building.

You can see eggplants, green peppers and what not on the green tables.

Front row, left to right: Green onions, carrots, and Japanese radishes.

There is a place to rest on for shoppers.

These hares greet you in the backyard of this shop.


As you might guess, Japanese people also buy vegetables at a supermarket. And I'm one of them who usually buy vegetables there. But if I really want ones harvested fresh from the fields, I should go to this vegetable shop that is in my city.

I think this building's structure is a typical old Japanese one, and customers who come here are often engaged in the farming industry, which would mean that those people also trust the quality of the produce sold at this shop.

You can have an ice cream made from fresh milk in the summer and baked sweet potatoes in the fall that are also fresh from the fields.

This vegetable shop is crowded especially over the weekend and I have seen people from other prefectures who came en mass by bus.