Friday, December 11, 2009

Local burger shop

A man was doing the painting job.

The shop owner would have taken care to make the interior look like an American burger shop.


An old-styled thermometer.

I ordered a chili dog for a change. And an iced coffee was a must for me also on this day.


I went to a burger shop that operates only in my city. I said before there are not many "Japanese" burger shops, and that they're trying to solicit customers by offering unique menus. But, you know, true burger aficionados do exist also in Japan, and they sometimes avoid Japanese burger shops and instead prefer really tasty burgers. But those tasty burgers often cost much money.

Some of you would know "Burger King", and it started its operation in Japan in '93. Those who know how good the burgers of BK frequented it, but as our economy worsened in '01, Japan's BK went out of business. I mean, some didn't want to pay much for a hamburger when the economy was stagnant, and that was the reason why BK stopped running and got in business again in Japan in '06, when Japan's economy almost bounced back.

But even when we're now in the middle of recession, some still visit a good burger shop, and this Hi-5 is what I'm proud of as the best burger shop in my city. This shop offers American-styled burgers, and that's what people like about this shop.