Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tokyo Auto Salon 2010 -2-

This is a sequel to the last posting "Tokyo Auto Salon 2010 -1-". I stayed at this complex for more than 2 hours, but I was too busy taking pics of many cars and girls. I wanted to show all the pics I took, but not all of them were good enough. And as my knowledge about cars is limited, I doubt I could explain all of the good pics I took. Anyway, please take a look at the pictures below.

Probably everybody would think this car can run only on an official racecourse, but the white plate on your right says, "This can be driven on the public road". If you drive this car, I bet you would draw everybody's attention.

 
Two gorgeous girls were posing in different ways in front of people. I think they're beautiful, but what would you think of these girls? Personally I like the girl with black hair, and people in Japan are starting to appreciate the beauty of black hair.

 
This is a car called "RX-7" by Mazda. It was replaced by RX-8 several years ago, but there are still many fans of this car. Those who saw the anime "Initial D" would easily recognize this car. 

 
 This is another car that appeared in "Initial D". This is called "180SX" and the basic structure of this car is the same as that of the first model "Silvia". People who like to drive so fast in Japan prefer a rear-wheel-drive car, or a FR car, and this 180SX and the Silvia are driven by the rear-wheels.

 
And this is the most popular classic sport car called AE86. Toyota came up with this car in '83, but it has been popular. But you know, maintaining such a classic car costs you much money, and those who own this car should have enough money to do so.

 
Please don't think me to be weird. It was quite normal for people to take pics of the girls, and when they are so attractive as this, who could resist the urge to take pics? >.<

 
A car that has Japanese-styled wheels made by a company called "R-PRIDE". People have green-tea under a red parasol like that in Kyoto.

 
People should be already familiar with this eco-friendly car "Prius". But if it has the hybrid engine and is painted so cool as this, Prius would be owned by more young people.
 
 
They were selling fried chicken, beers and so on. I had a hot dog and a coffee for a snack.

 
 Adult people might bring back these minicars for their children. I didn't see many children and the ones who were enjoying this show were mainly people aged over 30.

 
 ...and let me show you some "Itasha" again. This car is a Skyline GT-R. I like to explain these girls but I really don't know who they are >.<

 
 I sometimes wonder why "Itasha" are mainly sport cars, but I think it is because people think good sports cars are made in Italy.

 
A close-up pic of the girl. It was reported that the printing technique has developed a great deal recently, which made this artwork possible. 

How do you like those pics? I wanted to show you mainly how "Japanese" cars were customized, as the purpose of this blog is introducing Japan. And I guess "Itasha" can be seen only in Japan for now.