Monday, February 15, 2010

Aqua City Odaiba -1-

Do you know a place in Tokyo where you can enjoy yourself and command an ocean view? This place called Odaiba is one of the biggest entertainment facilities where you can do shopping, dine at the posh restaurant, and take a sip at the bar. There are some complexes in this area, and I went to one of them that is called "Aqua City".

 
 The bridge you're seeing over there connects Aqua City and Venus Fort where you can buy any kinds of brand goods. As I didn't have enough time on the day, I decided to take pics of Aqua City only.

 
 A street where many shops such as Gap, a.v.v, Lowrys Farm, Museum&Museum and what not line up on both sides. I'm not so familiar with those shops, but you would find something that would suit you.

  
This classical car was displayed on the 3rd floor. It reads, "Daiba Shopping Avenue 1st Block". Passers-by were staring at this car, and I think it shows how chic this shopping complex is.

 
I caught a glimpse of this shop Murphy&Nye. This shop was originally selling clothes for sailing, but then it expanded its business to include casual clothes for men, women and kids.

 
It was really refreshing to walk on this deck. Basically this Aqua City is intended for couples, so I was an odd man out. But it was so warm that I thought I could have stayed at this place for quite a long time.

  
This restaurant is called ANCHORS, which serves American dishes. You can command Tokyo Bay from the seat. As it serves wine as well, you would enjoy sunset while sipping some wine in the evening.

  
This is the Rainbow bridge, which connects Tokyo Metropolis and Odaiba. The distance between the bridge and the sea surface is about 52 meters, and the height was intended for RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 to pass by.

  
Aqua City has a movie theater Mediage and it has 13 screens. You can watch a movie for 1,000 yen or about 11 us dollars on the 1st day of a month. And there are many restaurants Mediage owns where you can have a reception party.

I have more pics of this resort, so I will show you them later on =)