Friday, February 19, 2010

Lunch at Aqua City

After walking around in the area called Aqua City, I got hungry and my friends and I decided to have lunch on the 7th floor of one of the buildings where it was converted like a Chinatown. The place is called "Daiba Shou Hongkong" (shou means "small"). I went to Hongkong last year, and as I know the Chinese city very well, I was expecting to relive my memories.

 
 The elevator was painted with signs of Chinese restaurants. Like foreign people we Japanese also like to have Chinese food from time to time. There is popular restaurants called Bamiyan in Japan and they serve Chinese food on the cheap. But the holding company "Skylark" decided to convert many of Bamiyans to Gusto, which is also a family restaurant where you can have food like hamburger steak.

  
 Upon seeing this setting, I remembered my stay in Hongkong. The city was so glitzy in the night that I went out with my friend to have dinner, buy cds, and take a look around.

  
 And we decided to have lunch at this Chinese restaurant called "Yokohama Chuukagai" or Yokohama Chinatown. You can have as many dishes as you want for only 13 us dollars. 

  
 Like the "revolving sushi bar" that I introduced before, the dishes were rotating on the conveyor. You can have any kinds of dish on the menu by ordering the chef to make. 

  
 I really want to explain the dishes I had the Chinese way, but I can only explain from the viewpoint of a Japanese. This one is sliced chicken that were fried and tasted a bit sweet. You can see some green onion atop them.

  
 This is a steamed meat bun. We can buy some kinds of steamed bun at the convenience stores in Japan that each tastes like pizza, curry, and has some sweet bean paste.

  
 This one is called "Subuta" or sweet sour pork. This is my favorite, but I haven't seen many restaurants that serve very good "Subuta". I like pieces of pork to be very soft and the vegetables (carrot, onion, green pepper) to be a little chewy. 

  
 On the plate you can see pieces of chicken and yellow pepper, mushroom, green onion and cashew nuts. They were all stir-fried and tasted a bit sweet. 

  
 Some of you might know these are egg tarts. I went to Macau while I was staying in Hongkong, and it is the place you can have authentic egg tarts. I always like to remember my sweet memories, and having the same food is the best way to remember how I felt back then.

As I showed you in some of the pics, there are the seaside, a place where you can see the Rainbow Bridge, and nice restaurants in Aqua City. And there are many more things, which I like to introduce in the future, so it would take long before you get enough of this entertainment facility in Tokyo. I think foreign people would want to experience not only shrines, but something new like this =)