Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Walk in Akihabara -8-

---continued from the previous posting "Walk in Akihabara -7-"


When I was strolling around Akihabara UDX, I saw this flea market. People were selling many kinds of things ranging from T-shirts to shoes. For this market to be successful, I think the weather should be very good.

But at the end of the day, this area is Akihabara. I could see many people selling figurines like these. In my book, figurines should be brand-new, not secondhand, as they're totally different from things like CDs, if you know what I mean.

I've introduced many things related to anime, as it represents one side of Japan, but my main hobby is listening to music, and Tower Records is one of the places I drop by so often. This outlet is in Yodobashi Akiba, which I referred to with this pic.

I was a bit surprised when the opening and ending song of K-ON!! each got the number one and two spot on a Japanese music chart. It is pretty rare for that to happen even in Japan. But I think the quality of the two songs is so good that even a heavy metal mania like me would listen to them so many times.

This Tower Records was displaying those two songs that were released as singles. I often download songs off the Internet that I like a bit, but cds that have really good songs should be bought in order that the singers and composers may be supported financially.

My friend was looking at non-anime shops while I was taking pics, and after that we met up at this cafe called "Vie de France Cafe". This cafe is on the first floor of Yodobashi Akiba.

It was a bit too noisy in the cafe for us to get what we were saying. But when the weather was so good, it would have been natural for people to get in a good mood.

I had a cafe latte and my friend an orange juice. Caffein really made me feel so energized that I walked around Akihabara again after this break.  You can find this coffee shop all over Japan although its name is "France".

Do you know "Luida's Bar", which appears in the video game "Dragon Warrior (Quest)"? In its 9th edition for Nintendo DS, you can exchange a map with people standing next to you via wireless connection. And this spot is called "Luida's Bar", which is in front of Yodobashi Akiba. You can see people looking downward to exchange their maps, which is called "Surechigai Tsuushin", or "connecting with passers-by". Here's a link to the hypothetical bar.

The azalea were almost in full bloom. I used to lick its sweet spot at the end of petals. And as I said before, you can't smoke in the streets of Akihabara. Please be careful not to break the law.

-to be continued-