Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cafe Fresta

I introduced an import shop "KALDI" in this post, but today I'd like to show you another one that just opened. If you live in the countryside of Japan, you wouldn't see foreign people so often, but my city has relatively many foreign people who came from overseas to work at laboratories, JICA, and so on.

So, foreign people who miss things available back in their countries would like to come to an import shop like this. But I had thought this shop was merely a coffee shop, as an ad said I could have a good coffee for 200 yen here.

Although I'm a huge fan of coffee, I usually don't buy coffee beans to brew at home. It's because I lack a necessary coffee machine to make aromatic coffee.

Halloween is just around the corner, so this chocolate chips seemed really appealing. But Halloween just started to be celebrated by a handful of people in Japan, and it isn't yet widely recognized by Japanese people. I even doubt most of us know the true meaning of Christmas. 

The taste of this coffee was so thick. And as it had been roasted just a little while ago, this coffee was overwhelmingly aromatic. I could have this for only 200 yen, or about 1.74 euros. 

I'm basically a person who doesn't like to go to Starbucks, as I consider its coffee unauthentic. An iced coffee topped with ice cream isn't always bad, but when the coffee has a chocolate flavor in addition, it's no longer "coffee" to me.