Saturday, March 19, 2011

Walk in Akihabara -15-

I said many people in Japan were having difficulties, and when I was staying home I often felt aftershocks and that made me on alert. So I decided to go to Akihabara to make my mind refreshed. The TX line was available only once an hour because Tokyo Electric Power Company suggested we save on electricity.

 This is escalators of a building in Akihabara, and its operation was suspended. 

 Can you recognize the black screen is now off? 

 And the Gundam Cafe wasn't open. 

 But most people in Tokyo were walking down the streets as usual. I could see maids as well. 

 And this Ramen shop "Kiwami" was open. This shop is facing the UDX building in Akihabara.
When I got here at 12am, there weren't so many people in Akihabara, so my friend and I could sit at a table soon. This ramen tasted really good, which my friend denied somehow.

Of course people in Miyagi, Fukushima are still having difficulties, and we should be mindful of that all the time, but I was relieved to see so many people enjoying shopping with the high being 18 degrees Celsius.