Monday, May 30, 2011

Akihabara in the evening

Usually I don't stay in Akihabara after 5pm, but I was so bored in my city that I came here to look around. It was Sunday evening, and people here were going home to prepare for Monday.

 The entrance of JR Akihabara station. It was raining occasionally, as we entered the rainy season last week.

Usually this Gundam Cafe is very crowded but if you can stay in Tokyo around this time, you wouldn't be kept waiting.

Yodobashi-Akiba building. Most of the electronics are the same prices as the ones on the Net.  

And it seemed anime fans who owned "Itasha" were getting together in Akihabara. I saw at least 10 Itasha on the streets. I was so glad to see a Rozen Maiden Itasha =) 


Can you see that about a half of the lights are turned off? The earthquake hit a nuclear power plant in Fukushima, so the utility company TEPCO is suggesting companies save electricity. 

You can walk down the streets of Akihabara in the night without security concern. But still it is desirable for anyone to be accompanied by a friend or two at least.